Saturday, October 8, 2011

Baby Shower Game : Scattergories

I'm a BIG FAN of game nights. Scattergories being one of my favorite games to play. So I came up with my own version of Baby Edition Scattergories. The categories are general, but I included the mom-to-be and baby's names to personalize it. I printed them off on white cardstock, front and back (two rounds), so that it would be a little easier to write on. Make sure you have lots of pens ready.


If you've never played Scattergories, it's really easy. Each round has a letter (an easy way to choose letters is to use the baby's initials). Once the timer is started, each person writes down a word that fits the category, but it must start with the letter. Once time is up, go around the circle (one category at a time) and have everyone share what they wrote down. If two or more people have the same word, no one gets the point. Each answer that is original gets a point.


You can also allow double points for double letters.
Here's an example with the letter "R" :
..........................................................................................................................
Food a pregnant woman craves                                       raspberries

Body part that swells or aches while pregnant                  rump

Where the new mommy will be when her water breaks  Red Robin 
(Red Robin would be worth 2 points for using the R twice)
............................................................................................................................
So the words above would be worth 4 points, as long as no one else had the same answers.


We had so much fun with this game. Some of the answers were hilarious! Oh and feel free to "veto" someone's answer as a group, if it's too much of a stretch (Ex: food a pregnant woman craves - elephant).

Mommy-to-be waiting to hear the letter for round one



5 comments:

  1. I loved your idea for the Baby Edition Scattergories. I threw a baby shower last month and played the game. Everyone loved it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy they liked it! It really is a crowd pleaser. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this!! I will definately be doing this for am upcoming shower ;) Thanks fot sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you do! It took me a while to think of the categories, so I hope it makes it a little bit easier for you. It's such a fun game! Especially when people come up with hilarious answers.

      Delete
  3. Now I see you personalized them with the Baby's name, so I can just create my own with your ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...